Thursday, September 12, 2013

What a year it has been....

Wow. I'm very surprised that my blog is still active! It has been a year since I posted anything and I must say that I feel bad. I have let myself down. I completely ignored myself and what little time it takes to make an entry. So, in the last year many things have changed. My husband transferred back home and four months later was offered another position 14 hrs from our home state! He took the position and had to move before my girls and I could go. He moved in March and we moved in July. It has been a drastic change and my girls miss everyone. I do too. However, staying true to my faith I know God has a plan for us. This is a new chapter in our lives!!! Things like Facebook, Smartphones, Skype and even the standard telephone/letter writing has given us the ability to not feel so far away.

Earlier in the year, I was able to get back on track with calorie counting and losing the baby weight from my second daugther. Just like everything, sometimes things do not go as planned. I was doing great until my last month at home. I gained a few pounds, but didn't sweat it. Then we went on family vacation. Oh did I enjoy the food....a little too much. Immediately following the vacation, we moved. Now one piece of information that I have left out is that I am a stay at home mom now. My oldest daughter is in school and my youngest still has quite a few years to go before starting. After moving, I thought that it would be easy to lose the weight since I had to unpack while my husband worked and running after my girls. As I sit here typing this, I am shaking my head. The pounds have continued to come on. During the day, I am really good about what I eat. Dinner time....not so much. I may have dinner, but while watching tv or a movie I do eat snacks. Here is the problem....when I first lost all of my weight, I got rid of my big girl clothes. Now that I have gained so much of my weight back, my smaller clothes are really tight or don't fit at all. In turn, I am searching through my closest trying to find the summer dresses, drawstring pants and even the bigger baggy shirts. My husband said that he hasn't really noticed a drastic difference. I notice it because I know what I looked like and felt like before. With that being said, I have had the pity party that included all the stuff that seems to be going wrong. I have waived the white flag and just gave up. I used every excuse why I cannot exercise.... I do not have time, I chase my toddler around, There are more important things that I need to do during nap time and I can keep going on. I wish I could wiggle my nose and make this weight disappear, but I can't. I have to dig myself out. After having a heart to heart with an awesome friend today, she told me that I needed to quit making excuses and the I am a stay at home mom so there is no reason that I can't do this and I should not have to get up even earlier just to do it. She has no clue how much that really hit home with me. She gave me the jump start that I needed. I told her that as a woman it is difficult to work really hard and only lose one pound. I want that extra boost. I have researched some supplements, but she told me about something all natural that I could try and she will be trying soon. Since she has a nursing background, I really trust her opinion. Needless to say, I went out and purchased the over the counter supplement. Fingers crossed that it will help give me the boost I need because I start tomorrow!

After feeling pumped about getting things back on track for tomorrow, I started to watch videos that individuals and professionals have made about this supplement, Garcinia Cambogia, I am excited. I know that this is not a super pill and it's not going to blast all of the fat off of me. I am realistic. If it can help give me more energy then great! After watching some videos, I decided that I needed a weight loss chart to post at home. This is what I used the first time that I lost weight. So I found one and printed it off. I will measure specific areas as well as record my weight because I know that the scale may not change, but my measurements can! Instead of physically writing everything down in a journal, the light bulb went off flashing "You idiot you have a blog....record your feelings there and update everyone on your progress!" That is why I am here now.

I hope to make frequent posts about my progress. I know that it may be bumpy at first, but I can make it. I regret not doing this sooner especially since my brother is getting married in a week and I will not look how I wanted. I have to quit thinking about the negative and start reflecting on the positive. I can lose the weight....I did lose the weight and I will lose it all and then some! After we come back from the wedding, we will not be going back until Thanksgiving. That will give me nearly two months to not only knock my socks off, but to knock my families socks off! It's a challenge and I am up to it....what else do I have to lose? (HAHAHAHA!)

No comments:

Post a Comment