Thursday, February 3, 2011

76 days and counting

Have you ever had that feeling that you can't win for losing? I kinda feel like that this morning. I woke up with a raspy voice and one side of my throat a little sore...I seriously contemplated just going back to sleep, but I fought the urge to lay back down and got up. Well, I finished my workout and to my surprise I feel the symptoms of a UTI coming on! Really? Come on....Now I must go search for AZO...LOL. I drink plenty of water everyday so hopefully that will help too. I guess I will see.

This evening has been very frustrating. I still have no voice and Cadence was in rare form tonight. I'm not sure why, but she had a smart mouth remark for everything and thought that she was going to tell me what to do. I had to put her in time out twice and we have a talk about what happened and why she got in trouble. What pushed me over was when she picked up the febreeze air freshener and pointed it at me...keep in mind she is a foot from my face. I told her that she had better not spray that in my face. Sure enough, she did! After time out and her bath, we had another discussion. I asked her if she thought that we liked putting her in time out and taking things away from her. She said, "no." She apologized and then wanted to be rewarded with a Popsicle. Needless to say, she did not get it and is in bed now. I know kids will test boundaries just to see how much they can get away with and I am sure that it doesn't help with Greg being gone, but at the same time it's not like this is anything new. I told her that it was not nice to disrespect anyone in that manner. I guess she was just having a bad night, but it all ended well. She learned her lesson, apologized and we talked things out.

Other than that, the rest of the day was nice. Despite being cold, I got a touch of cabin fever today because the sun was out shining and it just looked so nice.

2 comments: